Festival Regional Manager, Theatres
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 10/25/2017-2/16/2018
Considerations: Position is typically lodged in Park City, UT during the January Film Festival (lodging requirement determined annually). In addition, this role is required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. High level of mobility is required as well as an ability to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Manages operations for assigned Park City theatres to ensure efficiency and a positive audience experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Updates site plans, equipment needs, volunteer staffing, sponsor activation, etc. for assigned theatres. Manages relationships, including developing and maintaining good rapport while providing timely communications with theatre owners.
• Organizes, develops, and delivers training for staff and volunteers at designated theatres.
• Provides ongoing and accurate information pre-festival and during festival, via phone and email, to volunteers and provides timely responses to their inquiries.
• Trains, provides supervision, creates schedules, and ensures evaluations are completed for assigned volunteers.
• Oversees the setup and configuration of assigned theatres to meet pre-determined standards.
• Tracks pre and post inventory of all theatre operations equipment.
• Ensures assigned theatres conduct on time performances, optimizes waitlist sales/seating, etc. to ensure excellent customer service.
• Addresses any logistical, personnel, or audience issues at theatres immediately and escalates issues to manager as needed.
• Provides onsite coordination for the load-out of assigned theatres.
• Documents theatre configurations with photos and diagrams.
• Oversees the load-in and load-out of assigned theatres.
• Performs pre and post walkthroughs to ensure each theatre is ready for their public opening and are returned to their original set-up prior to the festival.
• Writes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years experience managing theatre operations, venue management or related.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong conflict management skills.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
• Able to lift, carry and push items up to 50 lbs.
, Experience and Skills:
• Experience facilitating trainings for large groups.