Sundance Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/25/2016 12:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Festival Publicist jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Festival Publicist postings
Full Time Job
Los Angeles, CA
WHO WE ARE: We find, love, and share the best independent stories in the world. From our offices in Los Angeles, New York City, and Park City we work for and with storytellers to give them whatever they need to take their work to the next level. We also present the Sundance Film Festival and other programs for audiences to discover the most compelling independent film, theatre, and new media. Ranging from Human Resources professionals to film curators and everyone in between, it takes a diverse set of skills to do all that we do. Because our global ambitions can stretch our non-profit resources, we rely heavily and often on creativity, ingenuity, and teamwork. And we're always on the hunt for the ideas and the people who can help us do it better. Each of our three offices has its own culture. All are united in our commitment to the mission and the values that drive our work.
As a champion and curator of independent stories for the stage and screen, Sundance Institute provides and preserves the space for artists in film, theatre, film composing, and digital media to create and thrive. We produce the Sundance Film Festival and other public events throughout the year, as well as a wide array of programs supporting emerging creators as they develop and produce new work across the U.S. and around the world.
DATES WORKED: 11/07/2016-2/08/2017
CONSIDERATIONS: Extended hours, weekend work, and some holidays will be required leading up to and during the Film Festival. Position will travel and be housed in Park City during the Festival.
POSITION SUMMARY: Secures press coverage and liaises with publicity and artist teams for assigned films, events, artists, and Institute programs being showcased at the Sundance Film Festival.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Liaises with publicity, film, and artist teams to compile information on assigned Festival films, programs and events. Inputs and maintains information in Festival database and shares with other departments as needed.
• Conducts research on journalists and actively pitches stories to them for assigned Festival categories and niches.
• Receives and routes requests from journalists for assigned Festival categories and niches providing information, interviews, and other resources.
• Tracks media coverage of assigned films and artists.
• Drafts news releases and other media materials as assigned.
• Organizes and staffs press lines at assigned press events.
• Invites press to attend and cover assigned events and handles related ticketing and other logistics.
• Assists with securing materials needed to publicize assigned films and events.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years experience in Public Relations, Media Relations or special event publicity.
• Bachelor's Degree in communications or related field preferred.
• Experience with large event PR preferred.
• Working knowledge of Excel, FileMaker Pro, Gmail, Google Drive and Calendar.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
• Strong customer service skills.
• A professional attitude and demeanor (tact, sensitivity, and diplomacy).
• Detail oriented, able to audit work to avoid mistakes, and perform tasks accurately.
• Ability to think and act quickly under pressure.
• Ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
• Knowledge of film and the film industry preferred.
OUR MISSION: Sundance Institute is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the discovery and development of independent artists and audiences. Through its programs, the Institute seeks to discover, support, and inspire independent film and theatre artists from the United States and around the world, and to introduce audiences to their new work.
Sundance Institute is dedicated to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.