Festival Publications Production Designer
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 10/26/2016 1:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Search for Festival Publications Production Designer jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Festival Publications Production Designer postings
Full Time Job
Dates worked: 11/02/2016-2/01/2017
Considerations: Extended hours, weekend work, and some holidays will be required leading up to and during the Film Festival. Position may be required to be housed in Park City during the Festival.
Position Summary: Designs the layout of all festival publications and produces digital and printed materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Builds two Festival Film Guides (on and off screen), Festival Catalog (approx. 300 pages), Press and Industry Guide (approx 20 pages)and the Directors Guide (8.5x11'' PDF doc.) utilizing layout templates.
• Manages the approval process including routing to staff, adhering to deadlines, fact checking, etc.
• Formats all Festival program data using InDesign.
• Preps and delivers files and attends press checks with our print vendor in SLC.
• Conducts daily layout of files for digital signage and ''Hot Sheet'' throughout the festival, working in conjunction with the Graphic Design Team.
• Organizes, files, and archives all artwork files.
• Maintains high volume of edits from all departments
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report for each of the projects and participate in team wrap conversations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 3 years experience working as a graphic designer.
• Previous publication layout experience, including experience with XML exports, importing, and integrating into InDesign.
• Bachelor's Degree in graphic design preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Must be a self starter and able to motivate staff.
• Ability to lead by example and act with integrity.
• Strong knowledge in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, Google Applications, and FileMaker Pro.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
• A professional attitude and demeanor (tact, sensitivity, and diplomacy).
• Detail oriented, able to audit work to avoid mistakes, and perform tasks accurately.
• Ability to think, act quickly, and juggle multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Proficient in Creative Suite 5 Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
• Knowledgeable in printing production methods, fabrication, and installation.