Festival Publications Designer
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Works: 11/1/2017-1/30/2018
Considerations: Position works full time from our Park City UT office and is required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points. Must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. Able to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Designs the layout of Festival publications and produces digital and printed materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Builds two Festival film guides (on and off screen), Festival catalog (approx. 300 pages), press and industry guide (approx. 20 pages) and the Directors Guide (8.5x11'' PDF doc.) utilizing layout templates.
• Formats all Festival program data using InDesign.
• Preps and delivers files and attends press checks with our print vendor in SLC.
• Assists in additional designed collateral as needed during the festival
• Organizes, files, and archives all artwork files.
• Maintains high volume of edits from all departments
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report for each of the projects and participate in team wrap conversations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2-3 years experience in designing publication layouts or related.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
• Knowledge of print production methods.
• Strong conceptual, typographic, and visual communication skills.
• Knowledge of best practices of typesetting, including using paragraph and character styles and automating tasks for laying out large bodies of content.
• Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule'ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around key deadlines and events.
, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in graphic design.
• Knowledge of XML exports, importing and integrating into InDesign.
• Advanced Excel skills.