Festival Manager, Print And Digital Publishing
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Our Festival Manager, Print and Digital Publishing position is a full time seasonal role that works from our Park City, UT office October 10th - February 9, 2018. The Publishing Manager oversees two full time seasonal positions, our Associate Manager, Editing and our Publications Designer. In addition, this role indirectly manages three seasonal editors. This team is responsible for the production of the 2018 Sundance Film Festival print and digitial publications.
Our Manager, Print and Digital Publishing will be required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and deadlines and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. Lastly, this role will need to be able to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Wage: $17.50/hour plus overtime hours
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees the production of two Festival program guides (print and digital), the Festival catalog, the press and industry guide, and additional print publications.
• Manages staff, including providing training, direction, feedback, mentorship, and support to ensure employees understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles, and delegates appropriate work.
• Manages timelines and approvals internally and externally.
• Assists in inputting edits using InDesign.
• Prepares and delivers files, and attends press checks with Salt Lake Citybased print vendor.
• Completes a comprehensive wrap report.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 3 years experience managing publication logistics or related.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing employees.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign.
• Knowledge of print production methods.
• Strong conceptual, typographic, and visual communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong conflict management skills.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around key deadlines and events.
, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design.
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.