Festival Graphic Designer
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 10/18/2017-1/30/2018
Considerations: This position works full time from our Park City, UT office and is required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Position Summary: Creates designs and materials that reflect identity, follows style guide and established messaging for Sundance Institute's January Film Festival
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs a large volume of Festival signage for venues, theatres, special events, sponsors and transit maps etc.
• Designs screen washes, digital signage, etc.
• Assists in additional design assets as requested.
• Performs graphic designs in adhering to department schedule to ensure deadlines are met.
• Provides graphic assets to outside vendors, partners, outlets, etc. on an as-needed basis.
• Collaborates with signage coordinator and various departments to determine and deliver graphic needs.
• Organizes, files, and archives all artwork files.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report at directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 1-2 years experience in graphic design.
• Ability to quickly create a variety of initial design concepts and refine them into final designs.
• Proficient in Creative Suite CC, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Knowledgeable in printing production methods, fabrication, and installation.
• Creativity and versatility skills in graphic design work.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
, Experience and Skills:
• Degree in Graphic Design preferred.
• Experience organizing and maintaining folder structures preferred.