Festival Environmental Graphic Designer
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 10/18/2017-1/30/2018
Considerations: This position works full time from our Park City, UT office and is required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Position Summary: Responsible for the design and production of large-scale environmental graphics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates, designs and implements signage and wayfinding for interior and exterior graphics for Sundance Film Festival venues (approximately 30).
• Oversees the approval processes, including routing graphics to manager for feedback and final approval.
• Collaborates with the greater design team to develop, design, and implement environmental graphics.
• Develops a workflow for environmental graphic design conception, fabrication and installation packages that include specifications, materials, and locations for designed elements.
• Acts as main point of contact for vendors, including providing specifications, installation documentation and troubleshooting
• Maintains continual communication regarding projects with internal stakeholders.
• Prioritizes projects to ensure delivery and installations are complete by deadline.
• Tracks and conducts inventory on all materials upon delivery.
• Works on additional design projects as needed.
• Organizes, files, and archives all artwork files.
• Writes a comprehensive wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years of design experience with a background in graphics, brand strategy, designing spatial environments, print design and production.
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and CAD Tools.
• Design experience with signage and wayfinding, and specifying materials.
• Experience with print and production process.
• Photo manipulation on digital images (resize, crop, add/remove objects, and color correct).
• Must be a self-starter; possess strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be able to present concepts in a comprehensive manner.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent Typography Skills
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design, industrial design or related preferred.
• Knowledge of AutoCad tools in Illustrator a plus.
• Copywriting/proofreading skill a plus.