Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2016 1:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Search for Festival Editor jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Festival Editor postings
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 11/02/2016-1/13/2017
Considerations: Extended hours and weekend work including some holidays will be required.
Position Summary: Reviews various online and print publications to perform proper grammatical edits and to ensure consistent language and style are applied.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews assigned copy to ensure proper style, language, spelling, and grammar are applied by deadline.
• Works with programming team to finalize copy for publications.
• Enforce the Festival's Language and Style Guide to all assigned copy and publications.
• Updates and edits film information in database.
• Other duties as assigned.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2 years experience as an editor.
• Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Creative Writing, or related field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITIES
• Strong knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Working knowledge of Excel, FileMaker Pro, Gmail, Google Drive and Calendar.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• A professional attitude and demeanor (tact, sensitivity, and diplomacy).
• Detail oriented, able to audit work to avoid mistakes, and perform tasks accurately.
• Ability to negotiate editorial decisions in a professional manner.