Festival Coordinator, Works Crew
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 12/5/2016 1:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Search for Festival Coordinator, Works Crew jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Festival Coordinator, Works Crew postings
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 12/07/2016-2/10/2017
Considerations: Extended hours, weekend work, and some holidays will be required leading up to and during the Film Festival. Position may be housed in Park City during the Festival. High level of mobility and strength is required as well as an ability to drive and deliver product safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Plans for and provides production services for the Sundance Film Festival.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Updates production plans, including installation and timing of transportation signage, snow removal for venues/parking lots, barricade cover delivery schedule, propane replenishment for outdoor heaters, etc.
• Provides ongoing communication regarding production plans with internal and external stakeholders.
• Negotiates and maintain contracts with snow removal and propane vendors.
• Conducts pre and post Festival inventory of various supplies, equipment, and transportation signs returning all items to storage or vendors by deadline.
• Conducts supply and equipment runs to maintain stock as necessary.
• Assists the Marketing Department with barricade banner setup and teardown.
• Trains, supervises, assigns shifts and evaluates Works Crew Volunteers to ensure successful operations.
• Physically removes snow, installs transportation signage, replenishes propane (at Festival venues, shuttle stops, and parking lots), continuously monitors conditions and conduct maintenance as needed.
• Distributes supplies and equipment, such as outdoor heaters, snow shovels, salt, sand, and hay to theatres, venues, and shuttle stops.
• Assists Production Department with various Festival setup and teardowns as directed.
• Proactively follows up with vendors to receive invoices for processing. Communicates invoice discrepancies with Assistant Director.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2 years production experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Detail oriented and able to take initiative and work independently.
• Project coordination skills, with the ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Working knowledge of Excel, FileMaker Pro, Gmail, Google Drive and Calendar.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
• A professional attitude and demeanor (tact, sensitivity, and diplomacy).
• Ability to think and act quickly under pressure.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
• Basic carpentry and painting skills preferred.