Festival Coordinator, Transportation
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates worked: 11/30/2016-2/15/2017
Considerations: Extended hours, weekend work, and some holidays will be required leading up to and during the Film Festival. Position may be housed in Park City during the Festival. High level of mobility and strength is required as well as an ability to drive and deliver product safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Coordinates setting up and breaking down Festival transportation signage and supports general logistical needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates various aspects of transportation volunteers, including schedules, creating training materials, conducting trainings, acting as main contact, providing follow-up, etc.
• Trains, supervises, assigns shifts and evaluates Works Crew Volunteers to ensure successful operations.
• Conducts pre and post Festival inventory of various supplies, equipment, and transportation signs returning all items to storage or vendors by deadline.
• Determines lighting and signage needs for walking paths.
• Updates transportation documents and training manuals.
• Creates a recycling and garbage plan for shuttle stops working with production staff.
• Assists production department with various Festival setup and teardowns as directed.
• Organizes and hangs all Festival transportation and parking signs.
• Provides direction to parking attendants during special screenings and events as requested.
• Provides various support to Manager, Transportation as directed.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2 years production experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Detail oriented and able to take initiative and work independently.
• Project coordination skills, with the ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Working knowledge of Excel, FileMaker Pro, Gmail, Google Drive and Calendar.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
• A professional attitude and demeanor (tact, sensitivity, and diplomacy).
• Ability to think and act quickly under pressure.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high and climb ladders.