Festival Coordinator, Ticket Scanning
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Signed: 12/13/2017-2/7/2018
Considerations: Position is typically lodged in Park City, UT during the January Film Festival (lodging requirement determined annually). In addition, this role is required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. High level of mobility is required as well as an ability to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Coordinates and troubleshoots ticket scanning operations at Sundance Film Festival theatres.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates ticket scanning operations and supports manager to ensure successful scanning at Festival theatres.
• Performs administrative duties as directed.
• Schedules trainings and collaborates with manager to develop and refine content.
• Actively troubleshoots scanned tickets, passes, and credentials at theatres in Park City, Salt Lake City, and Sundance Resort.
• Escalates scanning issues to appropriate parties, i.e. reports scanning server issues to Tech Services; relays volunteer issues to Associate Manager, Theatre Box Office; escalates customer service issues to theatre management on-site, etc.
• Provides on-site support to theatre volunteer teams experiencing issues with scanning.
• Assists with implementing back-up scanning procedures as necessary.
• Checks in with all theatres to ensure functionality and to answer questions.
• Provides assistance to volunteers with software or hardware issues, and escalates to Tech Services or TOPS, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years experience in venue/event operations or related.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Conflict management skills.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Experience working with scanning or a ticketing system preferred.
• Ability to identify and connect to wireless networks preferred.