Festival Coordinator - The Shop
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 11/1/2017-2/16/2018
Considerations: Position is typically lodged in Park City, UT during the January Film Festival (lodging requirement determined annually). In addition, this role is required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Position Summary: Coordinates administrative and logistical duties to support events held at the official Sundance Film Festival venue, The Shop.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Routes and provides communications between venue owners, vendors, contractors, sponsors, and staff as directed.
• Manages relationship with venue design consultant to ensure design adheres to brand and incorporates needs for venue, including flow, sponsor signage, electrical, equipment, good aesthetics, security, evacuation plan, etc.
• Maintains good rapport and timely communication with outside contacts.
• Coordinates logistical needs for events e.g. equipment, dcor, catering, technical needs, setup, teardown, etc.
• Organizes expenses including tracking receipts.
• Supports manager with documenting events and their details items such as BEO, evaluation sheets, alcohol sheets, vendors, event correspondences, attendance (RSVP vs. actual), issues, etc.
• Provides on-site coordination to deliver a high quality, successful, and professional events.
• Assists with setting up and breaking down the venue space.
• Conducts walk throughs pre and post Festival making sure venue is ready for public and is returned to original set-up.
• Manages assigned volunteers and staff support for each event.
• Supports events team with various projects, including assisting team members with onsite event execution.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years event planning and executing experience.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products, including Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
, Experience and Skills:
• Basic knowledge of audio/visual equipment preferred.