Festival Coordinator, Sundance Resort Box Office
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 11/29/2017-2/7/2018
Considerations: Position is typically lodged at Sundance Resort, UT during the January Film Festival (lodging requirement determined annually). In addition, this role is required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points.
Position Summary: Coordinates administrative and operational duties to fulfill and sell tickets at the Resort box office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Creates a VISIO floor plan for the Sundance Resort Box Office incorporating electrical, signage, equipment, security, furniture, workspaces, etc. and submits to manager for approval.
• With manager conducts ongoing communication and meetings with venue owner, internal stakeholders to keep all parties up -to-date on venue planning, installations and logistical needs.
• Coordinates ordering supplies, rental equipment, water, computers, and phones.
• Working with manager develops a timeline with production department to setup and teardown box office by set deadlines.
• Coordinates operations of box office to ensure timely resolutions to issues as they arise and escalates issues as necessary to manager.
• Maintains box office inventories, supplies, ticket stock, etc.
• Prints and distributes ''Ticket Pick-Up'' to patrons, fulfills Epic Package requests.
• Authorizes exchanges and reprints for ticket agent.
• Runs daily reconciliation and accounting reports.
• With ticket agent ensures cash drawer is balanced and bank deposits are made daily.
• Arranges and is point person for daily pick-up of box office bank deposits for finance department.
• Coordinates with Sundance Resort management to keep them apprised of janitorial and venue issues and to accommodate VIP ticketing requests.
• In conjunction with Manager provides support to onsite to ticket agent to ensure employee understands responsibilities and are effective in their role.
• Working with manager secures all signage, ticket forms, and comment cards from the marketing department.
• Maintains proper look, cleanliness, safety, and organization of box office.
• Supports the customer service team by answering customer service calls and emails as directed.
• Writes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as necessary.
• Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years experience in administrative operational work or related.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to manage stressful situations
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
• Able to lift, carry and push items up to 50 lbs.
, Experience and Skills:
• Experience working with TopTix or another ticketing system preferred.