Festival Coordinator, Salt Lake City Theatres
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 12/13/2017-2/9/2018
Considerations: Extended hours, weekend work, and some holidays will be required leading up to and during the Film Festival. Position will be based in Salt Lake City during the Festival. Valid driver's license and ability to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Coordinates operational duties for Salt Lake City theatres to ensure efficiency and a positive audience experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates operational and logistical duties to support SLC Regional Manager.
• Assists with organizing, developing, and delivering training for staff and volunteers at designated theatres.
• Coordinates assigned theatre volunteers for successful operations.
• Assists with auditing theatre bible pages in FileMaker Pro.
• Provides regular communications to theatre volunteers on operational information, as directed.
• Assists with setting up and configuring theatres to ensure design meets predetermined standards.
• Assists with documenting theatre configurations with photos and diagrams, and tracks pre and post inventory of equipment.
• Coordinates various theatre operations including maintaining on time performance, optimization of waitlist sales/seating, etc.
• Ensures logistical, personnel, or audience issues at theatres are addressed immediately and escalates issues to Manager, Theatre Operations as needed.
• Provides onsite coordination for the load-in and load-out of assigned theatres.
• Coordinates pre and post Festival walkthroughs.
• Writes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years experience in venue/event operations or related.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong conflict management skills.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
• Able to lift, carry and push items up to 50 lbs.
, Experience and Skills:
• Experience facilitating trainings for large groups preferred.