Festival Coordinator, Safety Operations
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 11/27/2017-2/14/2018
Considerations: This position works full time out of our Park City, UT office. Additionally, role is lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival (lodging requirement determined annually). Position is also required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. A high level of mobility and strength is required as well as an ability to drive and deliver safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Coordinates administrative and operational duties to support the Safety Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops and maintains detailed project schedules, including all administrative tasks and acting as a liaison between both departments and stakeholders (internal and external) involved.
• Coordinates activities and resources for department projects that impact multiple departments or for multiple projects.
• Enters up-to-date theatre operation security and ADA information into database.
• Collects incident forms within 24 hours, working closely with Human Resources on employee and volunteer incidents and scans all incident reports into system post fest.
• Inventories, purchases, restocks, and distributes all first aid kits prior to Festival.
• Creates, re-stocks, and distributes Festival Safety Manuals.
• Drafts correspondences and prepares Safety and ADA presentations as directed.
• Assists Customer Service Department with monitoring email inbox and communicates immediately with Theatre and Venue Operations to disseminate patron needs.
• Assists team with attending blue-flag events, scheduling and performing walk-throughs, etc. as directed.
• Collects security guard sign in and out sheets for processing as directed.
• Assists with conducting daily Festival onsite visits with theatres, events, venues, and security guards throughout the duration of the festival and as directed.
• Completes a post Festival inventory of safety materials (e.g. safety manuals, first aid kits, etc).
• Writes a comprehensive wrap report, as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years administrative experience.
• Conflict resolution skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing stressful situations.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
• Able to stand and walk for long durations 12 hours a day.
, Experience and Skills:
• Experience in safety or security operations
• Knowledge of Park City and Salt Lake City.