Festival Coordinator, New Frontier
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 11/30/2016-2/10/2017
Considerations: Extended hours, weekend work, and some holidays will be required leading up to and during the Film Festival. Position may be housed in Park City during the Festival. Ability to stand and walk for extended hours daily (12 ) are required for this position (primarily during Festival).
Position Summary: Coordinates operational needs for the New Frontier.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates set-up, teardown, ordering equipment, furniture, signage installation, etc. by deadlines.
• Plans and communicates venue needs with internal stakeholders to have venue up and running by deadline.
• Coordinates venue concession needs with event staff for onsite caf and to facilitate staff receptions and other special events held at venue.
• Provides daily operational support for the Filmmaker Lodge to ensure successful operations, i.e. performs walkthroughs, removes snow, cleans, organizes, opens and closes venue daily.
• Supervises on-site set-up and modifications for all programming held at venue, including recording traffic flow, troubleshooting issues, etc. as directed.
• Inventories various items and equipment pre, mid, and post event.
• Assists associate manager with creating volunteer training packets and directing on-site volunteers.
• Maintains continual communications with internal and external stakeholders of programming at venue to maintain on-time schedules and adequate equipment needs.
• Walks through venue and writes a detailed report pre and post Festival to notate existing and new damage.
• Assists vendors and movers with equipment and furniture deliveries as necessary.
• Writes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2 years experience in venue or event operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Working knowledge of Excel, FileMaker Pro, Gmail, Google Drive and Calendar.
• Detail oriented and able to take initiative and work independently.
• Strong project coordination skills, with the ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
• A professional attitude and demeanor (tact, sensitivity, and diplomacy).
• Ability to think and act quickly under pressure.
• Able to move and lift and carry items that weigh 25-50 lbs.
• Basic knowledge of audio/video equipment preferred.