Festival Coordinator, New Frontier Venue
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 11/16/2016 12:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Search for Festival Coordinator, New Frontier Venue jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Festival Coordinator, New Frontier Venue postings
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 11/30/2016-2/10/2017
Considerations: Extended hours, weekend work, and some holidays will be required leading up to and during the Film Festival. Position may be housed in Park City during the Festival. Ability to stand and walk for extended hours daily (12 ) are required for this position (primarily during Festival).
Position Summary: Coordinates and supports the operations of the Sundance Film Festival New Frontier venue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain various venue timelines, including setup, teardown, ordering equipment, furniture, etc.
• Coordinate and assist with the setup and teardown of venue (load-in, installation of signage, etc.).
• Plan and coordinate with the necessary departments to procure, deliver, and install electrical, phone, computer, production equipment, etc. to ensure venue is set-up before opening.
• Conduct inventory of various items and equipment pre, mid, and post event.
• Create a training information packet and itinerary for on-site volunteers. Assist Manager with supervising and directing volunteers.
• Perform daily venue needs, including snow removal, cleaning, organization of supplies, patron assistance, opening/closing of space, etc.
• Order various venue supplies and services, including cleaning materials, water, weather mats, linens, dumpster removal, etc.
• Maintain ongoing correspondence with featured artists regarding on-the-ground operational needs
• and their various festival benefits as necessary.
• Assist Micro cinema tech staff with their tech and ticketing needs.
• Coordinate and assemble artist benefits packets: credentials, ticket vouchers, event invites, etc.
• Collect books and other materials from artists for the New Frontier reference library at the festival.
• Work closely with internal and external contacts to ensure venue programming is coordinated and scheduled.
• Create and conduct an online artist survey after the Festival.
• Prepare a written wrap report that includes suggestions to improve venue.
• Other duties as assigned.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 2 years venue or event operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Strong knowledge in all Microsoft products (Word, Outlook, Visio, and Excel) and FileMaker Pro required.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal) required.
• A professional attitude and demeanor (tact, sensitivity, and diplomacy) is required.
• Detail oriented, able to audit work to avoid mistakes, and perform tasks accurately is required.
• Ability to think and act quickly under pressure required.
• Basic knowledge of audio/video equipment preferred.