Festival Coordinator, Media Accreditation
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 10/25/2016 12:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Search for Festival Coordinator, Media Accreditation jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Festival Coordinator, Media Accreditation postings
Full Time Job
Festival Coordinator, Media Accreditation
Park City, UT
WHO WE ARE: We find, love, and share the best independent stories in the world. From our offices in Los Angeles, New York City, and Park City we work for and with storytellers to give them whatever they need to take their work to the next level. We also present the Sundance Film Festival and other programs for audiences to discover the most compelling independent film, theatre, and new media. Ranging from Human Resources professionals to film curators and everyone in between, it takes a diverse set of skills to do all that we do. Because our global ambitions can stretch our non-profit resources, we rely heavily and often on creativity, ingenuity, and teamwork. And we're always on the hunt for the ideas and the people who can help us do it better. Each of our three offices has its own culture. All are united in our commitment to the mission and the values that drive our work.
As a champion and curator of independent stories for the stage and screen, Sundance Institute provides and preserves the space for artists in film, theatre, film composing, and digital media to create and thrive. We produce the Sundance Film Festival and other public events throughout the year, as well as a wide array of programs supporting emerging creators as they develop and produce new work across the U.S. and around the world.
DATES WORKED: 11/07/2016-02/08/2017
CONSIDERATIONS: Extended hours, weekend work, and some holidays will be required leading up to and during the Film Festival. Position may be housed in Park City during the Festival.
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates the media accreditation process for approximately 900 journalists and 200 publicists from around the world.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintains accurate and complete information for all accreditation applicants in database, includes electronically archiving press coverage and a hardcopy file system.
• Working closely with Technology Services, updates the online press application as needed and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
• Processes accreditation applications, make recommendations and leads application review meetings.
• Submits credential information and work with ticketing staff to ensure press credentials are completed by deadline.
• Is main point of contact for journalists and publicists regarding questions, concerns, and to provide timely correspondence regarding their application status.
• Trains assistant coordinator on credentialing publicists and crew members.
• Runs various reports and delivers reports to internal departments as requested.
• Trains department on press credentialing and how to enter new media contacts in the database.
• Processes preselected tickets for journalists and maintains RSVP for select screenings.
• Prepares and conducts at-Fest Check-in, includes pre-festival planning, onsite facilitation, coordinating volunteers, etc.
• Assists with after hour screenings and events as assigned.
• Provides a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years publicity or journalism experience.
• Working knowledge of Excel, Photoshop, FileMaker Pro, Gmail, Google Drive and Calendar.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
• Strong customer service skills.
• A professional attitude and demeanor (tact, sensitivity, and diplomacy).
• Detail oriented, able to audit work to avoid mistakes, and perform tasks accurately.
• Ability to think and act quickly under pressure.
• Ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested and qualified applicants may apply by completing an online application at, https://sundancejobs.applicantpro.com/jobs/453737-14432.html
OUR MISSION: Sundance Institute is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the discovery and development of independent artists and audiences. Through its programs, the Institute seeks to discover, support, and inspire independent film and theatre artists from the United States and around the world, and to introduce audiences to their new work.
Sundance Institute is dedicated to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.