Festival Coordinator, Logistics
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Sundance Institute, located in Park City, Utah is currently looking to hire a seasonal Logistics Coordinator to suppport operations during the 2018 Sundance Film Festival. This position will work full time out of our Park City office. Additionally this role is lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival for 2-3 weeks if employee does not live within Summit County. Candidates will need to be prepared to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. Additionally candidates will need a high level of mobility as well as being comfortable in their ability to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Employment Dates: 12/6/2017-2/9/2018
Hourly Wage: $14.25/hour plus occassional overtime
Position General Summary: Coordinates equipment, uniforms, and logistics for staff and volunteer check-in for the Sundance Film Festival.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
• Plans and implements logistical needs to ensure functionality of the offsite logistics and uniform room during the Festival.
• Coordinates with internal and external stakeholders office equipment, design technical needs, setup, teardown, etc.
• Staffs the logistics and uniform room and staff and volunteer check-in to support team and assigned volunteers.
• Inputs data into the FLD database daily to ensure information is accurate.
• Maintains and tracks inventory of various equipment such as radios, cell phones, and corporate incentive items as directed.
• Acts as a department contact to field questions from internal and external sources.
• Provides oversight of the uniform room during festival and provides direction to assigned volunteers.
• Provides frequent updates to internal stakeholders on equipment and corporate incentive inventory.
• Performs tests for functionality, labels, and programs radio and cell phone equipment prior to disbursement.
• Assists with troubleshooting logistical issues e.g. lodging, radios, etc. and escalates issues to manager as necessary.
• Completes billing, reconciling, and submits reimbursements for festival cell phone accounts as directed.
• Constructs and prints the Sundance telephone directory, 'Yellow Pages' and the STOP team directory 'Green Pages'.
• Maintains the Logistics and Uniform room to ensure both are clean, organized, secure and safe at all times.
• Updates documented procedures, timelines, and completes a written wrap report with suggestions for improvement.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check. 2 years experience in event logistics, operations or related.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
• Able to lift, carry and push items up to 50 lbs.
, Experience and Skills:
• Working knowledge of FileMaker Pro.
• Knowledge of Park City and Salt Lake City.