Festival Coordinator, Foundation And Government Giving
Sundance Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Festival Coordinator, Foundation and Government Giving
Los Angeles, CA
WHO WE ARE: We find, love, and share the best independent stories in the world. From our offices in Los Angeles, New York City, and Park City we work for and with storytellers to give them whatever they need to take their work to the next level. We also present the Sundance Film Festival and other programs for audiences to discover the most compelling independent film, theatre, and new media. Ranging from Human Resources professionals to film curators and everyone in between, it takes a diverse set of skills to do all that we do. Because our global ambitions can stretch our non-profit resources, we rely heavily and often on creativity, ingenuity, and teamwork. And we're always on the hunt for the ideas and the people who can help us do it better. Each of our three offices has its own culture. All are united in our commitment to the mission and the values that drive our work.
As a champion and curator of independent stories for the stage and screen, Sundance Institute provides and preserves the space for artists in film, theatre, film composing, and digital media to create and thrive. We produce the Sundance Film Festival and other public events throughout the year, as well as a wide array of programs supporting emerging creators as they develop and produce new work across the U.S. and around the world.
Employment Dates: 11/15/2017-2/23/2018
Considerations: This position works full time out of our Los Angeles, CA office. Additionally, role is lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival (lodging requirement determined annually). Position is also required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Position Summary: Coordinates administrative and logistical duties to support to the Foundations and Government Giving team with the stewardship of Foundation and Government supporters of the Institute.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains and updates master tracking document for all Foundation and Government Giving Festival attendees travel dates, lodging, ticketing, and other logistics.
• Coordinates ticketing and pass benefits for foundation and government supporters collaborating with internal departments (e.g. ticketing) to meet deadlines.
• Prepares and distributes Festival itineraries for donor accounts.
• Collaborating with Transportation and Accommodations departments, coordinates the lodging and transportation logistics for donor accounts, as directed.
• Provides accurate and detailed record keeping in Foundation and Government files for all account activity including ticketing, benefit fulfillment and recognition.
• Assists with providing receipts, acknowledgement of benefits received, and other Festival donor communications, as directed.
• Prepares documents and conducts Festival outreach mailings as requested.
• Prepares a written wrap report detailing each supporter's activities, with account outcomes and recommendations for future Festivals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• 2 years administrative experience in a development department or or related.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Detail oriented, able to audit work to avoid mistakes, and perform tasks accurately.
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
OUR MISSION: Sundance Institute is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the discovery and development of independent artists and audiences. Through its programs, the Institute seeks to discover, support, and inspire independent film and theatre artists from the United States and around the world, and to introduce audiences to their new work.
Sundance Institute is dedicated to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disabled status, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. Sundance Institute will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.