Festival Coordinator, Events
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 11/1/2017-2/16/2018
Considerations: Position is typically lodged in Park City, UT during the January Film Festival (lodging requirement determined annually). In addition, this role is required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Position Summary: Coordinates planning and execution of assigned events during the Sundance Film Festival.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans and implements logistical needs for assigned events e.g. equipment, design and dcor, catering, technical needs, setup, teardown, etc.
• Creates and edits invitations for Sundance events using the platform Splash That.
• Maintains and update budgets for assigned events, supporting the FY17 budget process.
• Supports manager on other aspects of department budget and expenses as requested.
• Provides ongoing and timely communications with venue managers, vendors, and Festival Operations Team regarding each event's structure and needs.
• Supports events team with various projects, including assisting team members with onsite event execution.
• Documents assigned events and their details items such as BEO, evaluation sheets, alcohol sheets, vendors, event correspondences, attendance (RSVP vs. actual), issues, etc.
• Provides on-site coordination to deliver high quality, successful, and professional events.
• Manages assigned volunteers and staff support for each event.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years event planning and executing experience.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products, including Google Drive, Docs and Sheets.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
, Experience and Skills:
• Basic knowledge of audio/visual equipment preferred.