Festival Associate Manager - The Shop
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Considerations: Position is typically lodged in Park City, UT during the January Film Festival (lodging requirement determined annually). In addition, this role is required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned.
Position Summary: Plans and executes events held at the official Sundance Film Festival venue, The Shop.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans and implements logistical needs for events held at The Shop e.g. equipment, design and dcor, catering, technical needs, setup, teardown, etc.
• Works closely with internal stakeholders on details of events held at The Shop.
• Creates and edits invitations for Sundance events using the platform Splash That.
• Provides ongoing and timely communications with venue owner, vendors, contractors, sponsors, Corporate Development, and Festival Operations Teams.
• Maintains and update budgets for assigned events, supporting the FY17 budget process.
• Supports manager on other aspects of department budget and expenses as requested.
• Supervises and assists with setting up and breaking down the venue space.
• Oversees procuring and returning venue items and installations by deadlines.
• Conducts walk throughs pre and post Festival making sure venue is ready for public and is returned to original set-up.
• Provides on-site coordination to deliver high quality, successful, and professional events.
• Supports events team with various projects as needed.
• Documents assigned events and their details, i.e. BEO, evaluation sheets, alcohol sheets, vendors, event correspondences, attendance (RSVP vs. actual), issues, etc.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years experience with event planning and execution.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing employees.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
, Experience and Skills:
• Experience with sponsor activation preferred.
• Basic knowledge of audio/visual equipment preferred.