Festival Associate Manager, Safety Operations
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
This was removed by the employer on 11/16/2016 12:17:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Search for Festival Associate Manager, Safety Operations jobs in Park City-UT
Search all Festival Associate Manager, Safety Operations postings
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 11/28/2016-2/15/2017
Considerations: Extended hours, weekend work, and some holidays will be required leading up to and during the Film Festival. Position may be housed in Park City during the Festival. Ability to stand and walk for extended hours daily (12 ) are required for this position (primarily during Festival). Valid driver's license required as well as an ability to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Facilitates and manages Festival safety and security operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Schedules and facilitates meetings with internal departments to review and confirm final security needs.
• Manages departmental timelines, adherence to procedures, and deadlines related to Festival safety across multiple departments and stakeholders.
• Prepares agendas, schedules and conducts team meetings, as directed.
• Creates, builds and distributes security guard information packets by deadline.
• Ensures timely and accurate communication between department and security guard contractors at all times.
• Establishes training plans, creates training content and conducts trainings for contracted security guards (100 ). Also assists manager with staff and volunteer trainings, as directed.
• Manages security guard sign in/out forms and directs safety operations coordinator through process.
• Reviews and updates all festival venue (theatres, offices, etc.) emergency plans to ensure each plan is updated and includes accurate information.
• Schedules and performs venue walk-throughs.
• Monitors TACAMO radio channel and responds as appropriate.
• Provides guidance on ADA to managers and confirms compliance at all Festival venues.
• Assists with entering timely and accurate security information into database.
• Conducts daily onsite check-ins with all venues, including security guards throughout the duration of the festival.
• Assists Manager, Festival Operations with various security needs, as directed.
• Attends operational meetings to update and collaborate with internal departments to meet all safety needs.
• Conducts check-ins with events department as needed.
• Processes departmental invoices for timely payment as outlined by the finance department.
• Writes a comprehensive wrap report, as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 3 years experience working in operations.
• Experience with safety and/or security operations a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Ability to stay calm and react appropriately in stressful situations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
• A professional attitude and demeanor (tact, sensitivity, and diplomacy).
• Detail oriented, able to audit work to avoid mistakes, and perform tasks accurately.
• Ability to think and act quickly under pressure.
• Working knowledge of Excel, FileMaker Pro, Gmail, Google Drive and Calendar.
• Knowledge of Park City and Salt Lake City preferred.