Festival Associate Manager, Media Production
Sundance Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Sundance Institute is currently hiring for a seasonal Associate Manager, Media Production to manage marketing production logistics and operational duties for the Media Production Team for the 2018 Sundance Film Festival. This position works full time from our Los Angeles, CA office. In addition, this role will be required to travel and be lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival. Employee will be required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) and be willing and able to respond to on-call needs as assigned. Employee must be willing and able to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Employment Dates: 11/8/2017-2/9/2018
Wage: $15.50 plus overtime
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages various workflows to ensure deadlines are met for the Media Production Team.
• Functions as onsite contact and liaison for content team, PR reps, and talent for video shoots.
• Finalizes agreements, schedules flights and transportation, lodging, and other logistics for contractors, working with team members to ensure accurate information.
• Sets up organized systems and templates for workflow and scheduling use for Media Production Team.
• Works with Producers to create daily run schedules for Festival coverage (written, video and photography creation).
• Prep team vehicles with appropriate equipment, include route directions, etc.
• Interviews, finalizes logistics, and schedules department's full-time and sign-up volunteers.
• Manages volunteers, includes training, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure volunteers understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles.
• Coordinates and schedules equipment rentals, deliveries, shipments, office technical needs, etc.
• Manages Media Production Office and ensures it is clean and has all necessary supplies
• Completes a comprehensive Festival wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years experience managing marketing production logistics or related.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing employees.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong conflict management skills.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
• Able to lift, carry and push items up to 50 lbs.
, Experience and Skills:
• Experience facilitating trainings for large groups.