Festival Associate Manager, Event Beverage Logistics
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Sundance Institute is currently looking to hire a seasonal Associate Manager, Event Beverage Logistics to plan and implement beverage logistics, including inventory, distribution, and tracking to manage beverage needs for events during the 2018 Sundance Film Festival.
This position works full time out of our Park City, UT office. Additionally, role is lodged in Park City during the 10 days of the Film Festival, if employee lives outside of Summit County. Position is also required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. A high level of mobility is required as well as an ability to drive and deliver product safely in winter road conditions.
Employment Dates: 11/1/2017-2/16/2018
Wage: $15.50/hour plus overtime
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews event beverage needs, allocations, and distribution plans from past festivals and adjusts for current year as necessary.
• Works with Manager and Event Coordinators to create beverage allocation and distribution plans for each event.
• Schedules, communicate, track, and deliver all beverage and point of sale items to and from all events; assist with delivery of other event supplies to and from events when needed.
• Serves as department resource to the Festival Operations Team to communicate plans and implement festival beverage needs.
• Manages and finalizes alcohol orders.
• Manages seasonal staff and volunteers, includes training highly effective staff and volunteers, providing direction, feedback, and support to ensure employees and volunteers understand responsibilities and are effective in their roles, and delegates appropriate work.
• Plans and prepares for shipments to storage space, ensuring space is ready for inventory and safety measures are in place at all times.
• Ensures all staff and volunteers maintain a focus on safety at all times.
• Maintains an organized storage space pre, during and post Festival.
• Constantly manages product supply coordinating staff and volunteers to distribute for sufficient stock.
• Oversees all inventory; tracks and documents beverage consumption for each event and responsible for ensuring alcohol beverages are tracked and accounted for at all times.
• Proactively notifies Manager, Festival Events of concerns or red flag issues.
• Coordinates with Festival Sponsors and vendors on logistical needs.
• Manages expenses against projected and actual budgets to stay within allocations.
• Supports manager on other aspects of department budget and expenses as requested.
• Supports event team with various projects, including assisting with onsite event execution as assigned.
• Manages assigned volunteers and provide feedback on their evaluations.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 3 years experience with event beverage planning, operations or related.
• Strong leadership skills with a background that includes demonstrated excellence in managing employees.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Google Products preferred.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to maintain a high level of trust and accountability with inventory.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
, Experience and Skills:
• Experience with sponsor activation.