Festival Assistant, Theatre Operations
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 12/13/2017-2/7/2018
Considerations: Extended hours and weekend work, including some holidays will be required. Additionally this position will be housed for the 10 days of the Film Festival and must be able and willing to drive in winter conditions between Park City, Salt Lake City, and Provo Canyon.
Position General Summary: Assists with logistical and operational needs to support the Sundance Film Festival Theatre Operations Team.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
• Assists with orders and deliveries as directed.
• Assists with theatre load-ins/outs, receiving inventory,etc. as assigned.
• Orders, inventories and distributes theatre signage as directed.
• Sets up the theater operations, production, and transportation festival offices as directed.
• Distributes film posters to assigned theatres as directed by the Press Office.
• Tracks and maintains team contact information, e.g. phone numbers, schedules, locations, and calendars, etc.
• Assists with collecting theatre keys from volunteer theatre managers, tech services, production, and IT personnel.
• Assists with programming and distributing festival cell phones to team.
• Assists team with timelines, inventorying, ordering, special screenings, etc. as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 6 months-1 year of relevant experience, preferably with venue or event operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Proficient with Microsoft and Google products.
• Great attitude with strong customer service skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with all levels of staff and a diverse group of personalities.
• Ability to work an intense schedule, including late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and high pressure environment.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• Able to lift, carry and push items up to 50 lbs.