Festival Assistant Coordinator
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Festival Assistant Coordinator, Salt Lake City Theatres
Dates Worked: 12/14/2016-2/10/2017
Considerations: Extended hours, weekend work, and some holidays will be required leading up to and during the Film Festival. Position will be based in Salt Lake City during the Festival. Valid driver's license and ability to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Supports operations for 5 Salt Lake City theatres during the Sundance Film Festival.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists with updating training manuals.
• Supports regional manager with organizing, developing, and delivering training for staff and volunteers at designated theatres.
• Coordinates assigned theatre volunteers for successful operations.
• Assists with auditing theatre bible pages in FileMaker Pro.
• Provides regular communications to theatre volunteers on operational information, as directed.
• Assists with setting up and configuring theatres to ensure design meets pre-determined standards.
• Assists with documenting theatre configurations with photos and diagrams, and tracks pre and post inventory of equipment.
• Coordinates various theatre operations including maintaining on time performance, optimization of waitlist sales/seating, etc.
• Ensures logistical, personnel, or audience issues at theatres are addressed immediately and escalates issues to Manager, Theatre Operations as needed.
• Provides onsite coordination for the load-in and load-out of assigned theatres.
• Assists with pre and post Festival walkthroughs.
• Writes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• 1 year of venue or event operation experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Detail oriented and able to take initiative and work independently.
• Strong project coordination skills, with the ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Working knowledge of Excel, FileMaker Pro, Gmail, Google Drive and Calendar.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal).
• A professional attitude and demeanor (tact, sensitivity, and diplomacy).
• Ability to think and act quickly under pressure.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.