Coordinator, Theatre Operations
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Considerations: Position is typically lodged in Park City, UT during the January Film Festival (lodging requirement determined annually). In addition, this role is required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. High level of mobility is required as well as an ability to drive safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Coordinates logistical and operational duties for the Sundance Film Festival Theatre Operations Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Confirms budget, timing of orders and facilitates delivery schedule with Production Department on theatre equipment and supply orders submitted by each Regional Manager.
• Coordinates theatre load-ins/outs, including, receiving inventory, rental and storage equipment, developing schedules, moves and build-outs with Production Department.
• Orders, inventories and distributes theatre signage as directed.
• Acts as a department representative for the Theatre Office during the Festival, includes ensuring timely and good communication and relationship building with venue owner.
• Sets up the theater operations, production, and transportation festival offices includes desks space, furniture needs and technology installation collaborating and communicating with stakeholders.
• Updates Prospector floorplan to accurately document each office set up.
• Schedules, trains, and manages volunteers as assigned.
• Distributes film posters to assigned theatres as directed by the Press Office.
• Creates a system to maintain accurate team contact information, e.g. phone numbers, schedules, locations, and calendars, etc.
• Tracks, distributes and collects 300 theatre keys to volunteer theatre managers, tech services, production, and IT personnel.
• Coordinates the daily runner logs for equipment and supply deliveries for 15 venues in 3 cities.
• Programs and distributes the Theatre Operations Team festival cell phones.
• Takes minutes at department meetings and routes to team.
• Assists team with timelines, inventorying, ordering, special screenings, etc. as directed.
• Writes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Employee has legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 2 years experience in venue/event operations or related.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Outstanding communication skills, telephone, written and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to work nights and weekends around events and key deadlines and events.
• Able to lift, carry and push items up to 50 lbs.
, Experience and Skills:
• Experience managing volunteers preferred.