Research Assistant - Media Consulting
Confidential Via Staffing FirmEncino, CA
Full Time Job
Sucherman Group (SG) is a boutique management consulting and executive search firm specializing in media, entertainment, and digital companies. With offices in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco, our clients include some of the biggest brand names in our industry. We work directly with many of the major media companies, including Disney, Turner Broadcasting, Fox Television, and the associate will learn about and be involved in the inner workings of media/digital companies.
The Los Angeles office is looking for an entry level Research Assistant/Coordinator to support the Media Executive Search and Media Industry Intelligence practices. This individual will work closely with the SG team on projects relating to existing clients, new clients, and new business development.
• Basic clerical tasks such as office reception, phones, office administration, etc.
• Updating of Encore database both daily and as a part of an executive search.
• Assist Consultants on managing executive searches and research projects.
• Using trade publications and online resources, gather information as required, including key players, ratings data, company information, distribution data, revenue filings, etc.
• Work closely with SG search team to conduct background research on individuals and companies.
• Collate research and create reports that can be easily referenced and exported into larger projects.
• Liaise with clients and candidates; schedule meetings and interviews.
• Bachelor's degree.
• At least one year full-time experience gained in the media/entertainment/broadcast news industry.
• Must be comfortable with clerical tasks (e.g. phone, data entry, etc.)
• Ability to conduct detailed research projects on broad subjects and assimilate complex information into a usable and communicable format.
• Extremely organized and detail-oriented with excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and juggle multiple projects.
• Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.
• Polished presentation and confidence to interface with senior executives and respect confidentiality at all times.
• Flexible, calm under pressure, energetic, and engaged.
• Forward-thinking and proactive, with the ability to take the initiative to ensure things don't fall through the cracks.
• Internet savvy and technologically astute. Experience and familiarity with all aspects of social media; experience with computer database systems is preferred; experience with Encore (or similar executive recruiting software) would be ideal.
• Adept in the use of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word with experience of creating client presentations and documents to a high standard.
• Passion for the media and entertainment industry and willingness to learn.
Each employee must uphold Sucherman Group's core values:
• Client focus
• Personal responsibility & Attention to detail
• Curiosity about our business
• Willingness to learn and take risks
• Mutual Respect
• Candor and Honesty
$35.000 - $40,000 plus benefits
This position will be directly involved with supporting a wide variety of media companies. Some of our clients include Disney, Fox, Turner, CNN, A+E, Audible, Hulu, IMAX, etc. You will learn about the inner workings of media and digital media companies.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online