Post Production Support Technician
Studio CityNorth Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
We are a busy broadcast marketing company creating daily deliverables for all of the major studios. We are seeking a qualified technical support person with AVID product knowledge for a staff position supporting our post-production department. This position will have a primary focus on the post-production Avid edit and media storage systems. The position also includes providing ongoing daily operational and maintenance support for the post-production, finishing/online, and other various technical operating areas within the facility. The position includes room for growth and learning. If you have technical and creative experience with Avid products and want to pursue a technical support career, we want to hear from you. All qualified applicants will be considered.
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience working in a post production or media management facility with thorough understanding of broadcast and digital network systems and signal flow concepts.
• Must have maintenance or support experience with Avid ISIS and Avid Media Composer edit platforms.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, basic email setup and function, and GMAIL (G-Suite experience a plus).
• Experience with NAS administration including creation and access of users to specific share points a plus.
• Basic knowledge of networking including assigning IP addresses, DNS, DHCP, firewall/routers functions, and basic network troubleshooting tools.
• Support experience of graphics software installation and basic troubleshooting of Adobe CC, Cinema4D, and plugins.
• Administration and setup of graphics render farms a plus.
• Basic understanding of LTO archiving. StorageDNA archiving and sync experience a plus.
• Knowledge and experience with various file formats used in post-production including Op1a, MOV, JPEG2000, H.264, DNX, MXF, PRORES etc
• Experience with installing, troubleshooting, and upgrading Mac OS and Windows computers (including desktops and laptops) in a professional/office environment.
• Image, install, deploy, manage, and support hardware, software, email, phones, peripherals, conference rooms, and other user-related operations.
• Effectively handling client and internal user troubleshooting in a friendly and efficient manner
• Current ACSR certification is a plus and will be given priority consideration
• Advanced understanding of and experience with OS X and Windows operating systems
• Advanced understanding and experience with storage and networking infrastructure
• BS in communications or computer science or equivalent professional experience.
• Be available for rotating after hours and on call support.
• Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends, on occasion.
• Other duties as assigned.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online