Stern Strategy GroupIselin, NJ
Full Time Job
Speakers Agent for Thought Leaders (Salaried)
Are you a motivated, self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, hungry to take on the business world by storm? Stern Speakers is seeking a tenacious sales agent to join their team. Apart from being computer literate and well organized, you must have a profound interest in world issues with exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
Stern Speakers exclusively represents the foremost authorities or thought leaders on ideas and frameworks for improving business and society. Relationships - with these masterful thinkers and teachers, as well as with the most important meeting planners who engage them as speakers - are our currency. We identify with our speakers' needs to spur understanding and increased awareness for their ideas and skills for teaching; we also promote the frameworks in which their ideas or theories bear fruit in start-ups, large institutions and even on the nation-building level.
The speakers are our clients, exclusive to our agency; we act as their agents and managers, representing them in a multitude of sectors from business and education, to healthcare and technology. Our customers are senior executives of the world's largest corporations, experts who design executive education for university and corporate platforms, meeting planners for world-class forums, as well as executives seeking the advice and counsel of our clients on a one-to-one basis.
We are a dedicated team of highly educated advisors who immerse themselves in the world of event, meeting and consulting services, helping forge not only transactions of speaking engagements, but long-term consulting relationships designed to have a lasting impact on the organizations and thought leaders involved.
• Respond to companies, conferences, and associations inquiring about our thought leaders.
• Set up calls with inbound leads to learn about their event and their needs.
• Clearly communicate our range of services (speaking and advisory representation) and our client thought leader's expertise, the fees associated, and negotiate on price.
• Research potential customers, identify and contact the appropriate professional within the organization, and continuously innovate to proactively sell via inside and outside sales strategies.
• Prepare contractual documents for both domestic and international events.
• Effectively use CRM to enter sales, client and customer information for accurate tracking, reporting and follow-up.
• Maintain speaker's website as necessary; propose updates on as needed.
• Ability to sell ideas with passion, and present work in a clear, compelling manner
• Identify potential customers and perform outreach to those potential customers via phone, email and marketing campaigns
• Have a strong sense of urgency and responsibility, be self-motivated, independent, results-oriented, detail-oriented, adept at multitasking effectively and reprioritizing as required
• Willing and able to learn new information at a constant, rapid pace and work well under pressure
• Must exhibit understanding of worldly themes; be curious, proactive and flexible in accommodating change; work effectively with different personalities and a hard-working team of associates; exhibit good judgment.
Salary Commensurate with experience; please note that although this is a sales position, it is not commission based. Comprehensive suite of benefits
About Stern Speakers
The speaker and advisory divisions of Stern Strategy Group represent top intellectual talent-e.g. Ivy League business school professors, C-suite executives, best-selling authors-for speaking, literary and advisory work. Our clients are influential innovators, researchers, thinkers and doers who engage diverse audiences, stimulate provocative discussions, and inspire action to affect change and spur growth across a wide range of industries and disciplines. We are strategic partners, helping our clients manage and propel their careers, while also helping organizations reach their goals through access to our clients, renowned talent who deliver the best analysis, perspective and commentary, closely tied to real-world business challenges and opportunities.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online