Starz EntertainmentBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The Legal Assistant will provide general office support services to the Legal Team in the Original Programming business units. Duties will be task and/or project based.
• Screen incoming calls and correspondence and respond independently when possible.
• Maintain file index, filing systems and all computer files.
• Handle confidential details and perform, monitor and complete administrative projects and functions.
• Be responsible for preparation and delivery of contract drafts, circulation of revised drafts and executed agreements to employees and their representatives.
• Draft cover letters and correspondence.
• Circulate development and production contracts to opposing party representatives, as well as all internal and external execution of all acquisitions and production contracts.
• Draft form documents and cover letters, handle word processing and prepare redlines.
• Review comments made by opposing counsel to form documents.
• Process and reconcile expense reports.
• Coordinate and arrange internal and external meetings.
• Maintain internal and external communication and workflow.
• Exercise independent problem-solving techniques to resolve administrative problems.
• Maintain filing systems.
• Additional duties and projects as assigned
Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
• BS/BA degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum of two years' experience in office administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Outstanding communication (both written and verbal) and professional phone demeanor.
• Recognition of organizational policies, procedures, and office management techniques.
• Awareness of varying computer systems and applications.
• Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues.
• Capacity to multi-task, exercise initiative, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Organizational skills to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
• Ability to work in conjunction with the company managers and employees.
• Proficiency in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in all units of measurement, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Capability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Familiarity with writing routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before employees of the organization.
• Judgment to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Proficiency to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Must be able to work overtime as needed (occasional evening).
• Knowledge of and interest in movie, television, animation or cable industry a plus.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online