Intern - Talent Manager
Stark White EntertainmentNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Talent Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Intern - Talent Manager postings
Part Time Paid Internship
Intern needed for a talent management company that specializes in developing comedic talent for Film, TV, Commercial, and New Media. This candidate will work closely with our talent manager who works with NYC's finest rising comedians, regularly seen on networks like Comedy Central, MTV and FOX.
You will work in a fast-pace, downtown, start-up environment and have the opportunity to be part of an expanding talent management company. This is a great opportunity to learn the various aspects of the comedy industry: live stand up performances, TV appearances, and production. If you're a comedy enthusiast, it's also a great way to see some of your favorite comedians behind the scenes and gain insight on what it is like to be a funny person for a living. It will also give you exposure to the ''business'' aspect of being in ''show business,'' all the while getting to experience some of the ''show.''
Ideally this candidate would work a minimum of 2 days each week (minimum of 4 hours each day) in September 2016 to December 2016. Candidates must be organized, ambitious, detail oriented and computer savvy. Candidates need to be meticulous and driven.
Qualified candidates should have the following characteristics:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the entertainment industry; strong interest in comedy is a plus.
- Must be internet savvy and have experience using Microsoft office (Word, PPT, Excel) and Google Docs
- Ability to research industry trends and update contact databases
- Have a keen understanding of social media platforms and interest in digital marketing
- Possess exemplary written and oral communication skills, excellent phone manner, and an upbeat personality
- Supporting manager in day-to-day activities working with clients, casting directors, talent agents and producers
- Recording and organizing contacts, schedules, appointments and bookings
- Assist with booking clients at comedy clubs and submitting them for TV/Commercial opportunities
- Researching industry trends
- Providing input on clients
- Help prepare pitches for production offices and casting directors
- Assist in reviewing and updating client online accounts (Actor's Access and Casting Networks) and provide feedback on client materials (e.g. reels, resume, website, social media presence)
- General office organization