Intern - Social Media/PR
Stark White EntertainmentNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
Social Media/PR intern needed for a talent management company that specializes in developing comedic talent for Film, TV, Commercial, and New Media. This candidate will work closely with Talent Manager who works with NYC's finest rising comedians, regularly seen on networks like Comedy Central, MTV and FOX.
You will work in a fast-pace, downtown, start-up environment and have the opportunity to be part of an expanding talent management company. This is a great opportunity to learn about marketing and public relations within the entertainment industry. You will also gain exposure to the ''business'' aspect of being in ''show business,'' all the while getting to experience some of the ''show.''
Ideally this candidate would work a minimum of 2 days each week (minimum of 4 hours each day) in September 2016 to December 2016. Candidates must be organized, ambitious, detail oriented and computer savvy. Candidates need to be meticulous and driven.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Support the day-to-day management of clients' social media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Develop engaging content and manage social media content
- Add content, stylize, publish electronic newsletters (Mailchimp)
- Attend important comedy shows/events and take pictures/videos to post on IG, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat
- Provide creative brainstorming ideas for Social Media
- Edit videos in iMovie (basic to intermediate knowledge of editing)
- Oversee media lists
- Assist with client media pitches
- Manage community feedback in real-time on assigned accounts
- Other duties as assigned
- Have excellent verbal written communication skills
- Be detailed oriented, proactive and take initiative
- Must have knowledge and strong interest in social media marketing and public relations
- Experience with social media sites, specifically Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (additional knowledge of other channels a plus)
- Understand the purpose of social media for businesses
- Understand proper use of Microsoft Office and Excel
- Have strong organizational skills
- Degree or currently majoring in: Communications, Public Relations, Digital Media, Marketing, Advertising, or similar background
- Detail oriented and organized
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and work independently
What related experience or transferable skills do you have that will make you a good candidate? Please do not include any performance (e.g. acting, dancing) experience.
What is your biggest career related accomplishment?
**EntertainmentCareers.Net Members, when using the online application system , we automatically include this in the subject for you. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online