Intern - Music Tech Start Up
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Music tech start-up Sparkplug is seeking interns.
Sparkplug is the first sharing economy marketplace specifically for musicians and artists to connect with one another to rent instruments, gear, and studio space.
About the Internship
Sparkplug is seeking interns for Spring 2017 to work closely assisting its founders and team in the day-to-day operations of the company as well as implementing long term projects. You will be an integral part of our growing company, learning the ins and outs of how a music industry start-up operates, from marketing strategy to user growth to social media to strategic partnerships. We're looking for interns who are self-starting go-getters and passionate about the music and technology industries. This internship is unpaid, and college credit is required. Our company is in Brooklyn, but we welcome remote interns.
- Provide assistance to Sparkplug members.
- Identify, research, and connect with relevant inventory partners, musicians, and music professionals.
- Assist team in implementing marketing plans, growth strategy, and brand partnerships.
- Analyze and create reports and recommendations based on site data and use.
- Assist with Sparkplug social media, blog, and member communications.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned
- Must be available 2-3 days per week for 4+ hours each day.
- Experience with Google Docs and Spreadsheets or MS Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and written and social communication skills
- Some working knowledge of musicianship, the music industry, or appreciation for gear
- A deep understanding of major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Photoshop, Squarespace, and MailChimp experience
- A vast knowledge of instruments, gear, and studios
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online