South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Full Time Job
The Programming Specialist for SXSW EDU works closely with the programming team to plan, produce and execute on a robust program for the 2018 event in March. They support both conference and festival programming efforts from coordinating the team's advancement process to assisting with program curation across the event. This role is best suited for a collaborative candidate with strong communication skills, close attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a high-stress and fast-paced environment. The Programming Specialist is key to facilitating the SXSW EDU program, working with organizers and speakers at each stage to manage logistics, coordinate outreach and handle internal databases.
Remote work is not available for this role. Approximate Seasonal dates: October 2017 – April 2018.
If including a cover letter, please attach it to your resume, do not include it in the body of your email.
Emerging Events (SXSW EDU Team)
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Self-starter with strong prioritization and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and customer service experience
• Strong attention to detail, copy-editing experience
• Experience in education event programming
• Experience in large-scale event planning
• Proficiency with Mac iOS and the Google suite
• FileMaker experience recommended
• Handle programming support across both conference and festival programs
• Review and curate programming, and support in the facilitation of advisory board review
• Lead programming@ inbox support, and coordinate communication with speakers, organizers and participants
• Coordinate programs in the various exhibitions, as well as communication with competition participants and other programming components
• Create documentation for the various programs and compiles run of show grids for conference and festival programming
• Coordinate internal database management of processing, tracking and logistics
• Assist with the management of speaker check-in and coordination onsite
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online