South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Full Time Job
The Conference Programming Associate for SXSW EDU works closely with the programming team to plan, produce and execute on a robust program for the 2018 event in March. They support conference programming efforts from the main stage to concurrent sessions, workshops and summits. This role is best suited for a collaborative candidate with strong communication skills, close attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a high-stress and fast-paced environment. The Conference Programming Associate is key to the session advancement process, working with organizers and speakers at each stage to coordinate logistics, support outreach and manage internal databases.
Remote work is not available for this role. Approximate Seasonal dates: October 2017 – April 2018.
If including a cover letter, please attach it to your resume, do not include it in the body of your email.
Emerging Events (SXSW EDU Team)
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Self-starter with strong prioritization and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and customer service experience
• Strong attention to detail, copy-editing experience
• Interest/experience in education
• Interest/experience in event planning
• Proficiency with Mac iOS and the Google suite
• FileMaker experience recommended
• Support conference programming efforts for sessions, workshops and summits
• Communicate with organizers and speakers on logistics, and handle programming@ inbox support
• Manage session information and compile assets for programming as it relates to marketing and external promotion
• Assist in the internal processing, tracking and logistics for conference programming
• Support and coordinate programming onsite across all venues
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online