South By SouthwestAustin, TX
This was removed by the employer on 11/16/2016 9:18:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Production Coordinator jobs in Austin-TX
Search all Production Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
This role is based in our Austin office only. No remote employment available.
The Production Coordinator will assist the Production Manager with advancement, logistics, onsite management and post event duties of select SXSWedu, SXSW Interactive, Film, Music Conference and Festival events. This role will serve as a point-person for a select number of assigned events as well as assist the Production Manager with the overall scope of production tasks. Assigned events will vary year to year and are dependent on programming needs. This role ends after the March 2017 event.
• Two years of event production experience
• Knowledge of audio, lighting, and video technology. Actual audio engineering, lighting and/or video design skills are a plus
• Proficiency with VectorWorks, AutoCAD and/or SketchUp strongly preferred
• Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs and the Mac platform
• Ability to take direction, pay attention to detail and see projects through to completion
• Comfortable, calm and professional when working with and assisting vendors, clients, co-workers, and volunteers
• Strong communication and multi-tasking skills
• Positive and proactive attitude
• Able to work long hours, under pressure and with little supervision
• Capable and willing to load and move gear, drive production vehicles, hang signage, set up and put final touches on event spaces, and other physical tasks that may arise
• Collaborate with all SXSW departments, venue contacts, and sponsor or client reps to design safe, functional, cost effective events
• Create site diagrams for all builds using a CAD program. Drawing must be professional looking and sharable with the City, clients, venue and internal entities.
• Maintain production specs on all visited venues in the production database
• Research, bid out, and upon approval, secure all of the necessary production rentals per event. This will include, but is not limited to, audio, lighting, video, staging, fencing, tents, port-a-cans, security, and labor vendors.
• Research and obtain all necessary City of Austin Special Event permits for each assigned event
• Manage load ins, show days and load outs for assigned venues, events and contractors
• Assist all SXSW conferences with any production emergency that may arise
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be available for the duration of the SXSWedu and SXSW event