Planner & Logistics Admin
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Full Time Job
The SXSW Planner & Logistics Admin is a creative and proactive individual who is works in a team environment to ensure all event details are contracted, confirmed and produced with precision and efficiency in travel and planning department protocols. This role has the unique attribute of a duties split, in that 70% of this Admin's time will be dedicated to the Planning Department and 30% dedicated to assisting the CLO.
• Work and communicate well under pressure with colleagues and others
• Set and meet deadlines
• Time management and self-motivation
• Strong familiarity with MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint, Google Drive, Filemaker and Apple systems
• Ability to write and edit effectively
• Familiarity with proprietary travel reservations systems or consumer-facing online travel systems (Kayak, etc.)
Candidates for this position should have a minimum of (2) two years professional experience planning or assisting with planning medium-to-large-scale conferences and trade shows.
• Meeting room scheduling and setups
• Coordinating with trade show and exhibition production teams
• Coordinating with Sponsor and client fulfillment and relationship management teams
• Food & beverage budgeting and ordering
• Audio visual budgeting and ordering
• Contract negotiating (hotels, convention centers, and vendors)
• Event vendor management (convention decorators, A/V companies, catering companies, art production)
• Registration and credentials services
• Coordinating with housing and travel services
• Event budget management
• Communicate productively and respectfully with a range of suppliers (from manual laborers to executives)
• Must be available the entire duration of the SXSW event each year.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online