South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Full Time Job
The Marketing Associate for SXSW EDU works closely with the marketing team to plan, produce and execute on marketing efforts for the 2018 event in March. They support various marketing campaigns including email, social media, web content, print/digital advertising and community events. This role is best suited for a collaborative candidate with strong communication skills, close attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a high-stress and fast-paced environment. The Marketing Associate is key to facilitating effective communication and expanding the reach of a growing event.
Remote work is not available for this role. Approximate Seasonal dates: October 2017 – April 2018.
If including a cover letter, please attach it to your resume, do not include it in the body of your email.
Emerging Events (SXSW EDU Team)
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience in marketing or digital media
• Self-starter with strong prioritization and organization skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a keen attention to detail
• Reliable, confident and able to execute tasks with minimal oversight
• Excellent writing, copy editing and verbal communication skills
• Interest/experience in education
• Proficiency with Mac iOS and the Google suite
• Experience in coding, photo editing and design suites are a plus
• Production support for marketing and digital media efforts for email marketing, social media, blogging, web content, print/digital advertising and trades/partnerships
• Perform real-time maintenance and monitoring of SXSW EDU's various social media channels, and respond to consumer feedback
• Assist with the development and execution of engaging email marketing campaigns
• Support the marketing team with daily copy editing responsibilities
• Identify and curate copy, photos and layouts for print campaigns
• Support special marketing projects such as branding activities, content strategy and blog series
• Assist with production and experience of marketing activations at events, as well as community meet ups across the country
• Prepare reports and analysis of various marketing campaigns
• Track and analyze data to provide insights and identify new opportunities
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online