Film Venue Staff Admin
South By SouthwestAustin, TX
Full Time Job
This role is based in our Austin office only. No remote employment available.
The Film Venue Staff Admin will work directly with the Event Staffing and Resource Manager and Film Festival Programming team. They will be responsible for the management of the Film Venue Staff Crew and front of house operations. This role will serve as a point-person for all front of house Film Festival operations. This role begins in early December 2016 and ends in April 2017.
• Two years of event production experience
• Expertise with Filemaker Pro, Google Docs and the Mac platform
• Ability to both take direction and give direction when necessary
• Extreme attention to detail and ability to see projects through to completion
• Comfortable, calm, professional and positive attitude when working with and assisting co-workers and volunteers
• Strong communication and multitasking skills
• Positive and proactive attitude
• Able to work under pressure and with little supervision
• Capable and willing to load and move gear, drive production vehicles, hang signage, set up and put final touches on event spaces, and other physical tasks that may arise.
• Working as liaison between the SXSW Film Festival Programming Team and Film Venue Staff
• Creating informational materials and overseeing purchase of supplies for Film Venue Staff Crew
• Manage the creation, proofing and final delivery of numerous printed materials
• Collaborate to create and oversee Theater Manager Training outside of office hours
• Provide input from Venue Staff & Crew for the 2017 Film Festival Schedule
• Coordinate Staff & Volunteer Screenings
• Attending and assisting with venue walkthroughs with filmmakers/studios/red carpets
• Resolving all venue issues on site
• Assist all SXSW conferences with any production emergency that may arise
• Work with Production Manager for load ins, show days and load outs of venues
• Assisting Film team with wrap up, providing necessary recaps, and double checking attendance numbers
• Other duties as assigned
• Mandatory Saturday and Pre-Festival Meetings in Feb and March.
• Must be available for the duration of the SXSW Film Festival March 10-18
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online