Senior Manager, Label Management
Sony MusicNashville, TN
Full Time Job
This position will manage the day to day activities for key Nashville-based distributed labels, working alongside label clients to develop artists and promote content at the industry's leading independent music distributor and label services company. The candidate must have strong passion for and knowledge of the Nashville scene and the independent cross-genre music market, an understanding of digital retail platforms, release requirements and opportunities, a creative spirit, and solid technical capabilities. Reporting to the VP of Label Management in our NYC office, the Manager, Nashville Label Management will be based in our Nashville office.
• Manage day to day relationships with Nashville based distributed music and video clients.
• Work to ensure all distributed labels in the Nashville markets’ needs are met and expand the focus on market development and growth.
• Manage assigned label’s digital and physical product logistics and operations, ensuring digital content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Orchard technology systems, and physical releases make their way to market by way of coordinating with sales, manufacturing, and inventory management.
• Manage clients’ priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments such as sales, marketing, operations, and data analytics as necessary.
• Liaise with all internal departments (from finance and marketing to legal and management) to ensure client business needs are met, as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing your labels’ interests.
• Ensure the global sales and marketing organization has all assets to properly solicit and market priority releases.
• Liaise with local retail and represent the full Orchard’s distributed content base and priority releases outside of assigned roster in support of The Orchards sales efforts.
• Lead in business reviews with priority Nashville labels.
• Drive product adoption of The Orchards tools and services across the client base.
• 8 years’ experience within a label or distribution system working with Nashville labels or artists.
• Position is customer service and relationship focused, requiring excellent internal and external communication skills and professional diplomacy.
• Supreme attention to detail, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills required.
• Experience with digital music platforms and digital music best practices.
• Experience with digital and physical retail opportunities.
The ideal candidate is:
• A self-driven problem solver and leader.
• Technologically savvy.
• Data driven.
• Patient and empathetic with clients.
• An effective communicator on phone, email, and in person.
• Resourceful and takes initiative - an expert troubleshooter.
• Passionate about the digital music business, and the future of music.
About The Orchard®?The Orchard is an independent music and video distribution company that provides an innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing platform for content owners. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music and videos available across hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, and physical retailers too. We work with our clients to maximize their revenue, and provide them with the latest and greatest digital marketing tools and sophisticated sales analytics to help them run their businesses efficiently and effectively.
The Orchard was founded in 1997 in New York City to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. Our headquarters are in New York and London, with operations in more than 25 markets around the world, including France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, Argentina, India, Australia and more. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity, creativity and personal/business relationships. From monthly potlucks and game nights to company kickball teams and other staff perks, our employees like what they do and where they do it.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.