Rights Management Coordinator
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is a global distribution company supporting clients in the music and film space as they strive to grow their presence around the world. We are looking for an organized, self-motivated Coordinator to join our Rights Management Team to help cultivate and scale our Video Services business, executing on a value proposition that drives client satisfaction, engagement and revenue!
As a Rights Management Coordinator, you’re impeccably accurate and detail-oriented while still able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize appropriately. You’re able to proactively pinpoint and report on issues that arise pertaining to your daily tasks, and would love to become familiar with YouTube’s CMS and other streaming platforms. You’re numbers-focused, with a keen eye for data and an appreciation for the spreadsheet. You’re driven and enthusiastic about joining a team where collaboration is key, and want to be part of a company at the forefront of the music and digital space.
• Work extensively within Microsoft Excel and proprietary Orchard technology to perform a variety of metadata-based quality assurance projects
• Review and approve content in The Orchard’s catalog for delivery to digital platforms, following set guidelines and maintaining a high level of speed and accuracy
• Provide an extraordinary level of support internally, as well as for our clients, rights-holders and partners to ensure that content-related issues get resolved immediately (e.g. responding to inbound email requests
• Maintain strong knowledge of proprietary platform technology (YouTube, SoundCloud), along with the processes that pertain to it (e.g. Content ID system, weekly fingerprint/delivery cycle, BACON technology)
• Work closely with team members and management, communicating issues and roadblocks pertaining to department projects and procedures
• Consistently meet and/or exceed performance objectives and deadlines
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
• College degree preferred
• 1-2 years of work experience in data entry
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
• Keen eye and ear for audio and video content
• Consistently punctual and able to adhere to a set schedule
• Comfort in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Well-organized and attentive to detail; outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities
• Passion for, knowledge of, and appreciation for music!
• Experience working in a CMS such as YouTube
About The Orchard®?The Orchard is an independent music and video distribution company that provides an innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing platform for content owners. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music and videos available across hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, and physical retailers too. We work with our clients to maximize their revenue, and provide them with the latest and greatest digital marketing tools and sophisticated sales analytics to help them run their businesses efficiently and effectively.
The Orchard was founded in 1997 in New York City to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. Our headquarters are in New York and London, with operations in more than 25 markets around the world, including France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, Argentina, India, Australia and more. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity, creativity and personal/business relationships. From monthly potlucks and game nights to company kickball teams and other staff perks, our employees like what they do and where they do it.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.