Marketing Manager, US Latin
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard has an immediate opening for a NYC-based Marketing Manager, US Latin. The position will act as a relationship manager for retail accounts in the USA focused on Latin content. The ideal candidate will successfully enhance the company’s operations and profile, driving revenue within the current retail base.
• Manage day-to-day retail relationships and present marketing pitches to US based digital music services focused on Latin genre content repertoire across the Orchard catalogue, following established Orchard pitch process
• Plan and execute creative and strategic marketing campaigns, coordinating with labels and label managers specifically focused around Latin genres across LATAM, Mexico, Spain and Portugal
• Strategize and manage priority release campaign logistics from inception to analysis, working with other internal departments such as advertising, retail and interactive marketing
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key programmers and account representatives at services
• Counsel client team and labels on changing best practices to optimize new release and catalog strategy on both artist and label level
• Work closely with interactive marketing team on building audience development
• Assist Senior Manager, Promotions on executing strategy for The Orchard’s playlisting brand, Radial
• Work with Sony team on furthering representation on Filtr branded playlists
• Act as local industry representative attending events and conferences as required
Qualifications / Experience
• Strong experience and understanding of the Latin music industry and digital landscape
• Bachelor’s degree required in related field(s)
• Preferred experience within a label or distribution company managing analytics, social media and /or retail relationship
• Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape
• Proven experience in social media management and online campaigns
• Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Spanish (native) and English, with the ability to speak effectively across all levels of business, both internally and externally
• Latin music passionate, connoisseur and lover, mostly urban Latin genre (reggaeton, trap), with a willingness to attend industry events and shows
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required and able to travel internationally
About The Orchard®
The Orchard is an independent music and video distribution company that provides an innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing platform for content owners. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music and videos available across hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, and physical retailers too. We work with our clients to maximize their revenue, and provide them with the latest and greatest digital marketing tools and sophisticated sales analytics to help them run their businesses efficiently and effectively.
The Orchard was founded in 1997 in New York City to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. Our headquarters are in New York and London, with operations in more than 25 markets around the world, including France, Spain, Germany, Mexico, Argentina, India, Australia and more. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity, creativity and personal/business relationships. From monthly potlucks and game nights to company kickball teams and other staff perks, our employees like what they do and where they do it.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.