Manager, Revenue And Cost Accounting
Sony MusicRutherford, NJ
Full Time Job
The manager of Sales & Inventory Accounting is responsible for establishing and updating sales accounting models in SAP, balancing and reconciling sales activity between various systems, applying correcting entries, and label profit center mappings. Responsibilities include managing inventory reporting and updates, tracking inventory by location, processing overstock scrap orders, maintaining associated Certificates of Destruction, and updating Inventory Management mapping tables. Assist with all SOX and artist audits.
• Liaise with GDB and label finance teams to create and update sales accounting models in accordance with company policy.
• Maintain SAP distribution fee, provision rate and various mapping tables based upon GDB and label requirements.
• Supervise daily/monthly system balancing and assist with identifying and correcting out of balance issues.
• At label’s request, create and upload JE accrual, adjustment and re-class entries.
• Provide labels with SAP and Business Warehouse support and analysis as needed.
• Assist and provide support for SOX, artist and copyright audits for sales and inventory.
• Create and distribute various monthly inventory reports to labels.
• Process scrap orders, solicit cutouts and maintain selection returns disposition overrides.
• Maintain Certificates of Destruction.
• Maintain various inventory management mapping tables in SAP
• Record manual receipts for SBT customers and perform periodic SBT partner finished good compares.
• At label’s request, work with IT to create various custom Business Object reports.
• Other special projects as needed.
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Accounting.
• CPA preferred.
• Working knowledge of GAAP, financial statements, etc.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of accounting experience required.
• Highly proficient for Excel, Word and accounting systems (SAP FI, MM and BW preferred).
Decision/Problem Solving Skills:
• Disciplined self-starter with can-do attitude; proactive, resourceful, collaborative team player; detail oriented and strong follow-through skills.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Solid research, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of management.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Proficient in Excel (must have pivot table experience) and Word; Access skills a plus
• Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision
• Tenacity is essential. Must be hard-wired to find the answer.