Manager, Marketing / Essential Sound
Sony MusicFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
Do you demonstrate fresh thinking and creative, cutting-edge work that stands out from the clutter?
Are you a motivated hands-on talented Marketing Manager?
Have you built brand awareness that drove customer growth through integrated marketing strategies?
If so, consider this rewarding position as a Marketing Manager for Essential Sound -- the new hip-hop label imprint home to Dee-1, J. Monty Izze and Joe Ryan and operating under Provident Music Group, a division of Sony Music Entertainment. We’re looking for someone who wants to use their deep knowledge of hip-hop music to directly affect our artists’—and our company’s—success.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
Work with both RCA Inspiration and Provident Label Group staff to support Essential Sound artists’ strategy by executing digital & physical marketing efforts that generate positive exposure that results in airplay, streaming and sales.
• Partner with RCA Inspiration / Provident Label Group Marketing Directors and RCA Inspiration SVP/GM to support digital & physical marketing efforts surrounding artist’s album release, as well as through lifecycle of assigned projects
• Partner with internal and external functional teams to create marketing plans that effectively accomplish project goals
• Build and maintain strong, effective, collaborative working relationships with artists and artist managers; articulate Essential Sound’s marketing strategy and recommendations in meetings and proposals
• Create & maintain artists’ marketing budgets. Project and approve marketing expenditures, reconcile detail logs, and attend monthly budget meeting to inform management staff of current state of budgets Manage digital advertising campaigns, ensuring approach is progressive and nimble
• Write and edit marketing copy for blogs, social media posts, online ad campaigns, email campaigns, website copy, and video scripts as necessary
• Manage online community for Essential Sound. Stay current on changing nature of social platforms and give input on how label can best take advantage of opportunities in the marketplace
• Manage content for artist VEVO/YouTube and other video channels; deliver video uploads, titles, descriptions, keywords, and playlists.
• Coordinate artist travel on behalf of Essential Sound, serving as point person between administrative support and artist management
• Consolidate and manage artist schedules including, but not limited to, product launch weeks, and trade events (i.e. Dove Awards, BET Awards)
• Serve as point person for all marketing events (venue logistics, hospitality, guest list & credentials, e-vites and general event facilitation)
• Collect and distribute internally marketing team information, such as weekly updates, marketing plans, and tune-in notices.
• Manage distribution of marketing team tools (such as photos, audio clips, video content, brand briefs and music videos)
• Coordinate placement of print, digital, radio and television advertising and oversee production of advertising elements and creation of ad copy.
• Manage the delivery of music videos to BET, REVOLT, VEVO and other video outlets and prepare supplemental paperwork
• Attend industry events and artist appearances
• Complete other projects as requested.
• Significant professional marketing experience , preferably in entertainment space; extensive knowledge of music industry and hip-hop music trends generally gained through 3 or more years of experience; experience in a large, complex organization preferred
• Experience developing and executing marketing strategy
• Broad understanding of basic marketing principles
• College degree preferred
• Solid understanding and passion for creative marketing approach and an ability to apply relevant trends to music marketing.
• Interest in supporting the music and platforms of hip-hop music artists
• Excellent communications skills (written and oral)
• Willing to work frequent nights/weekends and available for travel
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Able to undertake and complete multiple projects simultaneously, while juggling potentially conflicting priorities
• Able to exhibit a professional, diplomatic manner in working with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company
• Working knowledge of digital marketing, social networks and digital tools
• Prior experience in a creative industry (music, television, entertainment, etc.) strongly preferred
The ideal candidate is consumer-focused, but understands the hip-hop culture. The ideal candidate can communicate a vision for marketing efforts, while executing those marketing efforts without fault.
Provident Music Group is the Christian music division of Sony Music Entertainment. Provident employees work in an attractive corporate environment in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, Tennessee, and receive outstanding benefits including medical/dental/life/disability insurance, 401(k) match, AND 28 paid days off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
No relocation expenses will be paid.
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job! Take note to identify any experiences related to the job requirements and the “ideal” candidate described above.
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps.
* Apply for this job online.
* Click on “Update Profile.” From there, upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter. Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done.
We communicate with applicants by email. If you don’t receive an email confirming our receipt of your application, please check your spam filter