Manager, Contract Administration
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Manager, Contract Administration, Global Digital Business, is primarily responsible for the analysis and summary of license agreements between Sony Music Entertainment and digital service providers, including royalty rates, copyright obligations, term structure, reporting obligations, rights and restrictions.
• Create and code detailed summaries of contracts between SME’s Global Digital Business and digital service providers in SME’s contract summary system.
• Ensure that summary data meets requirements of various SME departments, including Copyright, Finance, GDB Partner Management, Reporting, etc. Interface with those departments to adjust and iterate around the summarization requirements.
• Track financial terms, contractual deadlines and options through the term of each contract, and update data in the contract summary system as modifications are signed.
• Interface with various departments throughout Sony Music Entertainment which use the analysis performed (e.g., finance, copyright, reporting, royalties, etc.).
• Perform special projects for Business and Legal Affairs and Finance, as requested.
• Law School Graduate preferred.
• Prior experience as a legal intern or a summer associate is a plus, but not mandatory.
• Highly skilled in computer software applications.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Detail oriented, organized, timely, and accurate.