Manager, Business Development, Columbia Creative Agency
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As part of the Columbia Records Creative Agency, the Manager is responsible for creating, pitching, securing and executing deals that to maximize consumer awareness and generate revenue and promotional opportunities from Columbia’s repertoire.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• Pitch agencies, brands and media companies to develop revenue generating ideas for Columbia’s artists.
• Initiate, develop, close and execute brand partnerships to maximize commercial profile of projects and generate revenue.
• Proactively seek and develop and then maintain brand and agency relationships for potential artist partnerships.
• Research and evaluate client needs, industry landscape, and market trends and work directly with potential clients/partners to identify music that meets their needs.
• Coordinate with Business Affairs and Finance departments on the negotiation of deal terms as well as any contractual and clearance issues related to Columbia’s catalog.
• Work closely with the Digital Marketing department on the planning and execution of online and mobile marketing plans and strategies, working to maximize the potential for licensing and branding opportunities arising from those strategies. Oversee content integration opportunities, digital, video, etc.
• Work directly with artist management to execute promotional ideas and addresses management concerns as they develop.
• Develop pitch decks to promote our repertoire to potential partners.
• Find new and inventive ways to promote Columbia’s artists and generate revenue opportunities for those artists.
• Work closely with the rest of the Creative Agency team to research and secure potential brand partnership opportunities.
• • A minimum of 4 years in brand partnerships, selling, negotiating, closing deals and developing relationships in brand and agency community. Must come with deep contacts in brand world with proven track record of closing deals.
• Must have strong knowledge of pop culture with emphasis on music.
• Must be very connected in brand and agency space.
• Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
• Must be fully adept in creating impactful sales tools, decks, artist one-sheets, etc.
• Must be adept in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Strong project management and problem solving skills.
• Must be highly organized and capable of developing and keeping to a project timeline.
• Successful candidate will possess a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
• Ability to work independently, and to take a given task from inception and see it through to completion.
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external contacts.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.