Intern - Social Media Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
RED MUSIC is a multi-faced label services division of Sony Music. With a label group at the core of the organization, RED MUSIC is home to a diverse roster of Sony Music artists. RED MUSIC’S marketing department, previously known as STACHE MEDIA, continues to offer premium services in advertising, steaming marketing, publicity, brand digital partnerships, influencer marketing, and creative services. These services, including radio promotion, support the label group roster as well as all Sony owned and Orchard distributed labels.
Are you a college student looking for a SOCIAL MEDIA marketing internship in the music industry? Have a substantial online following? Are you the person that your friends come to for new music? Our internship program may be for you!
RED MUSIC is accepting applications nationwide from influencers like YOU! Our internship program focuses on digital marketing for artists brands. This remote internship is designed to be an interactive and educational experience for students with a passion for all things music digital marketing.
As a college influencer, you will be one of the first to share new music online in your community. You will be a crucial part of the RED MUSIC team and help contribute to the success of our artists. We will work closely with the influencer department and provide you with the tools and knowledge to execute successful online marketing campaigns.
• Produce unique & innovative content on various social platforms to create awareness for artists brands
• Attend scheduled conference calls to learn marketing techniques, trends, and more about the music industry
• Develop online marketing strategies, learn digital design as well as being introduced to new social media platforms
• Work independently and remotely from supervisors
• Offer creative insight to projects and demonstrate an eagerness to learn
• Stay focused, organized and meet deadlines
• Submit reports of marketing efforts
• Candidates must be currently enrolled in a college or university and eligible to receive academic credit for the semester
• Able to dedicate 10-12 hours a week to the internship
• Must be heavily active on social media platforms such as Instagram, Musical.ly, Facebook, YouTube, and more
• Substantial online following required
• Outgoing personality with strong verbal written communication skills
• Prior music industry or social media marketing experience is a plus
• Campus involvement another plus (ie: Sororities, Fraternities, College Radio Station, Clubs)
PERKS OF BEING A COLLEGE REP:
• A great opportunity to gain experience and get your foot in the door of the music industry
• Q&A's with industry professionals and recording artists Informational interviews
• Grow your social following
• Be the first to know about up-and-coming artists
• FREE concert tickets!
• Hands-on marketing experience, resume building advice career advice from industry professionals
We offer our internship program three times per year: fall, spring and summer semesters