Intern - Interactive Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
An internship at The Orchard offers students a unique hands-on experience in the exciting and fast growing field of media distribution, marketing and sales. Our internships are unpaid.
The Interactive Marketing team generates awareness and demand in the online space for The Orchard's top artists and labels. The team works directly with major online music portals and editorial outlets to secure features and promotions for some of The Orchard's most recognizable names. Working on a release-by-release basis, the team advises labels and artist representatives on social media best practices, applies fan-engagement tools, and directs overall representation of the artist and/or release across the web, with a mind toward harnessing audiences and empowering and rewarding fans. Interns will gain experience in research, analytics and social networking activity, as well as enjoy the opportunity to contribute to campaigns based on experience and quality of work. Interns will spearhead audience-building initiatives on Spotify through playlist curation and outreach for high-priority artists, which will require editorial prowess and analytical skills. Candidates should be competent writers, avid blog readers, social media trend-watchers, and responsible over-achievers.
• Must be a college student enrolled in a class and receiving credit specifically for this internship. Interns will need to provide documentation verifying enrollment prior to their start date.
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is required.
• Familiarity with Photoshop, Dreamweaver, basic HTML, and the digital media market a plus, but not mandatory.
• Genuine love for music
• Great attitude and open mind
• Eagerness to learn and a willingness to take initiative, no matter the task.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.